Date Posted: February 8, 2023
This Privacy Notice explains what information we collect and how we store, use, and share your personal information. By accessing and using our Website, you expressly accept, without limitation or qualification, the collection, storage, use, and sharing of your Personal Information set out in this Privacy Notice. If you disagree with any portion of this Notice, please do not use our Website.
Information We Collect. We collect the following categories of information about you when you visit and use our Website:
Personal Information. Is information that can be used to identify you or any other individual to whom the information may relate. This is information which you may be prompted to provide. Such information may include your name, address, telephone number(s), mobile numbers, email address, employment status or self-employment, political party, or other unique information about you which you provide to us during the registration process, through our surveys or through the course of communicating with us.
Demographic Information. This refers to selected population characteristics and may not be personal to you. This information may include, but is not limited to, zip code, mobile phone carrier, age, gender, salary range, education, marital status, occupation, military service, industry of employment, political party affiliation, personal and online interests. When we can identify you personally, through the use of this information, it becomes Personal Information.
Behavioral Information. Is information which is automatically collected when you use our Website. This information includes the areas of our Website that you visit, what services you access or ordered, information about your computer hardware and software, including your IP address, geographic location, browser preference, operating system type, domain names, times that you access the internet, and other websites you have visited. When we can identify you personally, through the use of this information, it becomes Personal Information.
Third-Party Information. Is information about you that we acquire from a third-party which may include personal, demographic, behavioral and indirect information. It may also include, but not limited to, first party cookies, third-party cookies, anonymous cookies, persistent identifiers, email opt-in records and search engine keywords. We may also receive information third-parties derive from government entities which publicly post your information, such as your DMV records. We have no access or control over these cookies and other tracking devices used by third-parties including advertisers and networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, or social networks and platforms. We have no responsibility or liability for the policies and practices of these parties. When we can identify you personally, through the use of this information, it becomes Personal Information.
No Information Collected from Children. We will never knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Information about a child under the age of 16, that information will be immediately deleted from the database. Because we do not collect such information, we have no such information to use or to disclose to third-parties.
No Sensitive Health Information is Collected. We do not collect information about past, present, or potential future medical conditions or treatments or biometric information.
No Credit Card Information and Bank Account Information. We do not collect credit card or bank information.
We, Service Providers, and third-party vendors, networks, ISP(s), and supporting advertisers use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and java scripts (collectively “Technologies”). These technologies collect internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer our Website, track users’ movements through our Website, and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on these technologies on an individual or aggregated basis. California residents have the right to know if we respond to do not track signals or cookies. We do not respond to such signals or cookies.
Social Media Cookies. Third-party social media features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are hosted by a third-party. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the social media company providing it.
Web Beacons. We use electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs, clear gifs, or action tags) to collect information about your visit to our Website, measure and improve the effectiveness of advertisements, and track delivery of advertising. Web Beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time, and date of page view, as well as a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also use Web beacons in email messages sent to you. This allows us to determine if you opened or acted upon the email message. Because Web beacons are the same as any other content request, you cannot opt-out or refuse them. However, they can be rendered ineffective by either opting-out of cookies or changing the cookie setup in your browser.
How We Use Information Collected.
Providing Services and Products. We use the information we gather on our Website to provide you with the services and or products you have requested. This may include passing your information on to a third-party to provide such services or products. We do not control the privacy practices of third-parties. If you have any questions or wish to remove your information from the third-party databases, you will need to contact that party directly.
Improving Our Website. We use the information we gather to respond to any inquiries you make, operate, and improve the functionality of our Website, and deliver the products and services advertised on our Website. We use the same for testing, research, analysis, and product or target marketing development. Our services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising, relating to your experience and interests. In addition, we may use the information for maintaining and improving the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, databases, and technology assets. We may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising on the Site to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This means, users may see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and many advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer’s experience and the effectiveness of the advertising.
Promotions and Communications with You. We also use the information we have gathered to respond to your inquiries, concerns, or requests. If your request is made through a third-party, we may use the information to respond to their requests. The information, including the personal information, you provide to us may be used for any purpose we deem appropriate and may be given or disclosed to our affiliates, partners, vendors, advertisers, licensees, and third-parties. You acknowledge that you understand when you disclose personal information (e.g., name, email address, zip code) on or in connection with your use of our services, such information can be monitored, collected, and used by us or others and may result in unsolicited messages from other users or third-parties.
Disclosure and Sharing of Information to Others.
Product and Service Delivery. We share all categories of information set out in this policy with third-parties who help us in the delivery of the products and services you have requested.
Website Functionality. We share all categories of information set out in this policy with third-party Service Providers we employ to perform technical or analytical functions on our behalf. Examples include third-parties who host our Website, analyze our data, provide marketing assistance, process credit card payments, and provide customer service.
Third-Party Products and Services. We share all categories of information set out in this policy with third-parties including affiliated entities, service providers, and data aggregators with your information with third-parties who will provide you with their opportunities, products, or services.
Anonymized information. We share aggregated anonymous information about you, combined with service providers and other third-party vendors and clients for their analysis, promotion, and marketing. This includes demographic information and behavioral information.
Legal Process. We disclose your information, if legally required to do so, or at our discretion, pursuant to a request from a governmental entity, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (i) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (ii) protect our rights or property, or our affiliated companies; (iii) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (iv) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
Business Acquisition or Merger. We may disclose and transfer your information to a third-party who acquires any or all of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In the event we become the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we, or our liquidator, administrator, receiver, or administrative receiver may sell, license, or otherwise dispose of, such information in a transaction approved by the court.
Third-Party Collection and Use of Information. Third-parties collect and use information about you on or through our Website in the following way:
Advertisers. Advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies who place ads on our Website, may use their own cookies, Web beacons, and other technology, to collect information about you. We do not control the use of such technology and have no responsibility for the use of such technology to gather information about you.
Hyperlinks. Our Website and email messages sometimes contain hypertext links to websites owned by third-parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. We do not operate or control any information, software, products, or services, available on these third-party websites. The inclusion of a link on our Website does not imply any endorsement of the services, products, website, or its sponsoring organization.
Analytics. As described above, we use Service Providers to monitor, analyze, and report on the traffic to, from, and within our Website and email messages.
Security of Information. We have industry accepted security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Please be advised that, although we take commercially reasonable technological precautions to protect your data, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; therefore, we cannot and do not warrant that your information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through our Website is at your own risk.
Changes to Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to make material changes to the substance of this Privacy Notice. We will post those changes through a prominent notice on the website, so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it.
Opting Out. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive email marketing information or newsletters from us, simply follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each email or send us an email at
Contact Information. If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Postal Address: News Today 1940 S Greeley St Unit #251 Stillwater, MN 55082-6059
CALIFORNIA CCPA AND CPRA NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Information We Collect.
As set forth in our primary policy, we collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (“CMIA”), clinical trial data or other qualifying research data; and
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We have collected the following categories of personal information within the last 12 months as defined in the CCPA:
- Identifiers. First and Last Name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address.
- Personal Information. First and Last Name, address, telephone number, credit card or debit card, when purchases are made.
- Commercial Information. Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered and history or tendencies toward products and services or response to advertising.
- Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data. Through collection of your IP, we collect your general location, upon requesting services, or product we collect your physical address.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. From information we collect as set forth herein and information provided by third-parties, we are able to profile a general understanding of your preferences, characteristics, and personal preferences to determine what ads or products or services you may be interested in receiving.
- Highly Sensitive Information. Certain of the categories listed above represent “Highly Sensitive Information” as this term is defined in the CPRA. We do not collect, use, share, or store Highly Sensitive Information except for purposes of performing our services, providing our products, or for purposes as requested by you. We may collect Highly Sensitive Information such as credit card or financial information for purposes of a transaction involving our products or services. We do not share Highly Sensitive Information with third-parties unless they are necessary to assist us in performing the services or provide the products or otherwise as requested by you. We do not sell Highly Sensitive Information to any third-parties.
Retention Periods for Highly Sensitive Information.
Pursuant to the requirements of the CPRA, we retain personal information and Highly Sensitive Information only as long as it is reasonably necessary to do so in accordance with the provisions of the CPRA and our internal policies. You may request deletion of such information in accordance with the provisions of this Notice in the manner set forth below. We are required by certain applicable laws to retain certain information including your personal information and Highly Sensitive Information in accordance with applicable laws requiring us to maintain such information or for a legitimate business purpose to maintain such information including but not limited to prevent fraud or to enforce our policies.
Use of Personal Information.
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, payments, and prevent fraud.
- Customer support and to respond to inquiries, including to investigate and address concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website or advertising experience and to deliver content, product, and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email. We also use this information for targeted advertising through Google.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products, services, databases, other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information.
We may disclose your personal information to a service provider, as set out in our primary policy. When we disclose personal information for this purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Otherwise, we share and or sell as the terms are defined in the CCPA and CPRA your personal information with the following categories of third parties: service providers, third-party vendors, and clients, our affiliated companies.
Your Rights and Choices.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to and Correction of Specific Information and Data Portability Rights.
You have the right to request that we disclose and or correct certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third-parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information.
You have the right to opt-out of any sale of your Personal Information by us. If you are requesting a product or service, this is an exemption from this right, and we will process your request. However, you have the right to cease all further sale of your Personal Information. You may email us or use our web portal and fully fill out the request form.
Opt-Out Preference Signal (Global Privacy Control).
You may use an Opt-Out Preference Signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”), to opt-out of the sale/sharing of your personal information. However, this technology and our use of it is not fully developed by the market. Our database containing your information may not be linked to your browser identification and because your request to opt-out of sale/sharing will be linked to your browser identifier only and not linked to any account or database information as the connection between your browser and our database is not known to us, we may not be able to fulfill this request.
If you would like us to make the connection between your browser and your account within our database, please email us or submit the requested form through our website portal below.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Email Us at: email@example.com
- Visiting our web portal: https://www.safesubscribe.org/request-form/?brandId=b0a427f19176d0647b6b498de5fc7404
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. The appointment must be in writing and presented by your agent. If your authorized agent requests sensitive information about you then we may ask you to provide us with a sworn declaration to further verify your identity.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- You will be required to provide your full name, email address, and zip code.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by email unless you request, we mail the same to you and provide a current mailing address.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. The only notice to you will be our posting of the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date.
Postal Address: News Today 1940 S Greeley St Unit #251 Stillwater, MN 55082-6059