Democrat Joe Biden was slammed by the Department of Defense to claim without evidence that the Biden team has not received all of the information they need during the transition period.
In their defense, the Department stated that the U.S. officials had given Biden’s team more resources than they initially requested.
However, Biden claimed yesterday, “My team needs a clear picture of our force posture around the world and our operations to deter our enemies. We need full visibility into the budget planning underway at the Defense Department and other agencies in order to avoid any window of confusion or catch up that our adversaries may try to exploit.”
Pentagon says Biden lied about not being briefed on Russia hack — but they won’t say who did it or whenhttps://t.co/GrN9DIgmaV
— Raw Story (@RawStory) December 23, 2020
The President-elect continued stating that from the beginning, they have encountered roadblocks from the political leadership at the Department of Defense and the Office of Management and Budget. Then Biden claimed without evidence that they are not getting all of the information they need from the outgoing administration in crucial national security areas.
In response to these claims, Chris Miller, the acting Secretary of Defense, slammed Biden’s claims. Miller stated that the Department had given Biden’s team more access to the information and resources than they initially requested.
Miller said in a statement, “The Department of Defense has conducted 164 interviews with over 400 officials, and provided over 5,000 pages of documents – for more than initially requested by Biden’s transition team.”
He continued and stated that the Department of Defense efforts have already exceeded recent administrations with over three weeks to go. In addition to these efforts, the DOD also said that they have been continuously scheduling additional meetings for the remainder of the transition period and have been answering any requests for information.
Miller added, “Our DOD political and career officials have been working with the utmost professionalism to support transition activities in a compressed schedule, and they will continue to do so in a transparent and collegial manner that upholds the finest traditions of the Department.” He continued, “The American people expect nothing less, and that is what I remain committed to.”
Acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller just released a statement defending the Trump Pentagon transition efforts following criticism from Joe Biden & his team. pic.twitter.com/TBkOHX4ScW
— Jerry Christmas (@JerryDunleavy) December 29, 2020
Last week, Joe Biden also made the same claim saying that “The Defense Department won’t even brief us on many things.”
In response to Biden’s statement, the Department of Defense stated that Biden’s claims were “patently false.” Last week, a department of defense official added, “The Department will continue to provide the information and meetings necessary to ensure the continuity of government. As we’ve said, meetings will begin again in early January, and in fact, we’ve begun scheduling them.”
Miller also added last week that the Biden transition team agreed to do a holiday break from briefings and meetings. However, the Biden team then claimed that this is not accurate, stating, “there was no mutually agreed-upon holiday break.”
Robert Gates, who served as defense secretary for the Obama administration, said that Biden has “been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the past four decades.” https://t.co/PtNdBuytWe
— Jack Blaine 🇺🇸 (@JackBlaine3) December 30, 2020
Biden has been criticized in the areas of foreign policy and national security matters. Even former officials of the Obama administration have slammed him for being wrong.
Robert Gates, the person who served as the defense secretary for the Obama administration, stated that Biden has been wrong on nearly every major foreign policy and national security issue over the last four decades.