A pregnant Dunkin’ Donuts drive-through worker in Oxford, Maine was forced to seek medical assistance after receiving a $10 bill containing fentanyl.
The event occurred on March 22 when a guy dozing in the drive-through handed the cashier folded money. As she unfolded the banknote, fentanyl poured down her palms and counter.
After coming into touch with fentanyl, the pregnant woman became sick and required medical assistance.
Thankfully, she was eventually cleared of any lingering health difficulties. The man who gave her the bill and drove away after getting his order was subsequently apprehended by authorities.
A pregnant woman working a Dunkin Donuts drive through in Maine was rushed to the hospital after handling a $10. bill that had fentanyl residue on it given to her by a customer https://t.co/HZqqDhqljw
— Marie Marlowe (@MarieMarlowe5) March 26, 2023
The defendant now faces many accusations, including possession of a class W controlled substance and reckless behavior with a hazardous narcotic.
As per a report by Jordan Conradson, the incident is part of a more significant national trend of fentanyl usage and overdoses, with over 2.5 million fentanyl tablets intercepted at the southern border over the weekend.
The case illustrates the hazards of fentanyl and other hazardous substances and shows the necessity for continued vigilance and enforcement actions to stop their spread.
Fentanyl is a potent opioid that is up to 50 times more toxic than heroin and even tiny dosages can be fatal. It has been responsible for a rising number of OD deaths in the country in recent years.
We are losing a generation of Americans to the poison of fentanyl because this buffoon purposefully opened our border to allow our country to be invaded.
That blood is on your hands, Joe.
Close the Border.
Shut Your Mouth.
Save Lives. https://t.co/dc0l7QEGup
— Kari Lake (@KariLake) March 26, 2023
The event has also prompted worries about the safety of drive-thru workers, who are frequently exposed to contagious illnesses, physical assaults, and hazardous chemicals.
According to a 2019 assessment by the National Council for Occupational Safety and Health, workers in the fast-food industry face a significant risk of occupational accidents and diseases.
The Oxford Police Department advised the public to report any strange behavior or substances, as well as to exercise caution while handling cash or other potentially harmful chemicals.
In addition, they propose that employers give their workers proper training and safety equipment to reduce their exposure to hazardous compounds.This article appeared in NewsHouse and has been published here with permission.