Second Warning Was Issued by the US Embassy Due to “Security Threat”

1216

A second alert was issued by the U.S. Embassy in Kabul on Friday, warning them not to go to the international airport and to avoid gates because of “security threats”. 

The U.S. Embassy published a second alert due to “security threats” surrounding the airport in Kabul

On Friday, the U.S. Embassy in Kabul wrote an alert, telling American citizens to avoid going to the airport and avoid the airport gates because of security threats. The warning seemingly mirrors the first alert. However, unlike the previous one, the second alert issued by the New Ministry of Interior Gate is the area where U.S. citizens should go to. 


The U.S. Embassy likewise mentioned actions that Americans in Afghanistan should be “aware” of their surroundings all the time, particularly in big crowds. They also recommended, “follow the instructions” of the local government, including restrictions relating to curfews.

It can be noted that earlier this week, the U.S. Embassy in Kabul made the same warning to the U.S. citizens in Afghanistan desperately attempting to leave the country. The Embassy asked them to avoid the gates at the airport unless they received particular instructions coming from a representative of the U.S. government.

The second alert was given by the Embassy, despite the continuing evacuation procedures in Afghanistan, and only a day after the first bombing left 13 U.S. troops dead and several others wounded. 

The U.S. evacuated over 100,000 people from Afghanistan

On Friday, Ned Price, spokesperson for the State Department, said that the U.S. has brought to safety, together with their partners, over 100,000 people. Price, however, declined to make comments or give estimates on how many hopeful individuals who want to leave Afghanistan will be left in the country after the August 31 deadline.

Price stated that it is a hard question to answer, considering they have evacuated 110,000 people by far. However, they always wanted to be clear about this issue and not sugarcoat, particularly at this time of great fear, concern, and uncertainty for many Afghans.

The terrorist attack that happened on Thursday was condemned by Biden during his address at the White House. The bombing killed at least 95 Afghans and 13 U.S. troops. President Biden vowed to hunt down the people behind the attack, adding that he will make them pay for what happened. Biden said that the U.S. will not forgive and forget the attack. 

However, notwithstanding the deadly attack, Biden announced that the evacuation process will proceed and they will not be deterred by terrorists in their goal to evacuate people. The president also declared that he already provided orders to U.S. commanders to make tactical plans to strike facilities, leadership, and assets of ISIS-K, who claimed to be responsible for the terrible bombing.